2. Common Problems
Posted by Louis De Villiers on 04 August 2016 02:16 PM
- If you lose connection to the stream, you might need to refresh the page by pressing the refresh button on your browser.
- If you are using a slow connection such as a dial-up modem to connect to the Internet, audio buffering or audio dropout may sometimes occur. Please try not to browse the Internet or download large files while you are streaming (as this reduces the available bandwidth of your connection).
The streams cuts out and interrupts?
- There are delays introduced by congestion on the Internet and sometimes by contention for use of your Internet connection. Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do to rectify this problem. If you are on a slow or shared office connection this may occur frequently due to high contention. Try accessing the stream during less busy periods, or use another Internet connection.
- For the Flash stream, in some cases, the player will show that the audio is not muted when in fact it is. To check this, press the speaker icon twice. If the mute icon is not displayed then the audio was muted. Press the volume icon until you hear audio. If you have excluded that the problem is at your end, it may well be that there is a problem with the audio source of the stream in such case please log a ticket.
Nothing happens when I click the listen live link?
- Most likely it's because you have a pop-up blocker installed. Please allow pop ups / temporary allow pop ups in your browser. It might also be that there is a firewall blocking the live stream some companies set up proxies/firewalls that prevent access to external streaming sources. If this is the case, please contact the IT department of your company for assistance.
- Check http://support.antfarm.co.za/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/3/chrome-flash-issues to resolve possible Flash Player issue.